Welcome to the ACE Validation Program WebpageThis page provides the Validation team with access to ACE data, tools to predict upcoming occultations and determine when ACE occultation measurements have been made and other important information. We are currently in the "on-going" phase of the validation program, where the efforts are organized by site or data set.
Before you start, please read the following:
- Important Background Information on ACE Measurements
- Subgroups and Leaders for Initial Phase Validation
- Reprint: Atmospheric Chemistry Experiment (ACE): Mission overview by P.F. Bernath et al.
- Reprint: Retrievals for the Atmospheric Chemistry Experiment Fourier Transform Spectrometer by C.D. Boone et al.
- Reprint: The ACE-MAESTRO instrument on SCISAT: description, performance, and preliminary results by C.T. McElroy et al.
- Reprints from the ACE Validation Special Issue of Atmos. Phys. Chem.
Validation Tools:Requests for measurements should be made to the ACE Operations Specialist (firstname.lastname@example.org) no less than three weeks ahead of the measurement opportunity. Requests submitted closer to the measurement date may be accommodated; however, no guarantees are given as measurement plans are submitted to the Canadian Space Agency Satellite Operations team one week in advance.
ACE Validation Data Access (password protected):To obtain a username and password, you will need to sign up using the link below. Once you complete the ACE Validation Program Data Agreement and return it to the ACE Science Operations Centre (SOC), your account will be activated.
- Sign Up for Validation Username and Password
- ACE-FTS and ACE-Imager Data (Version 2.2 and O3/HDO Version 2.2 Update)
- ACE-MAESTRO Data (Version 1.2)
- ACE Data Issues (Recommendations on Which Data to Avoid in Comparisons)
Upload Correlative Data:
- Photochemical Box Model Output for Diurnal Corrections
- Derived Meteorological Products for ACE Validation
- Tips for using ACE HDF files (IDL and MatLab)
- Occultations list: [TXT/CSV]
- Lists of Coincidences for ACE and Other Satellite Instruments
- Report Data Issue to SOC
Documentation and Links to ACE Papers:
- ACE-FTS and ACE-IMAGER Version 2.2 Readme and File Format Documentation
- ACE-FTS Microwindow List Documentation
- ACE-MAESTRO V1.2 Data README File
- ACE Validation Plan Document
- Papers published in the ACE special section in GRL